Level 1 Science ESA Study Guide
Level 1 Science Study Guide covers seven Achievement Standards taught as part of a Level 1 Science course. These Standards are based on The New Zealand Curriculum.
The three core externally assessed Level 1 Science Achievement Standards covered are:
- 90940 (Science 1.1) – Mechanics
- 90944 (Science 1.5) – Acids and bases
- 90948 (Science 1.9) – Genetic variation.
Three internally assessed Level 1 Achievement Standards complementary to the core Achievement Standards covered are the internally assessed ‘Carry out a practical …’ Standards:
- 90935 (Physics 1.1) – Physics investigation
- 90930 (Chemistry 1.1) – Chemistry investigation
- 90925 (Biology 1.1) – Biology investigation.
Also covered is the internally assessed Level 1 Science Achievement Standard:
- 90950 (Science 1.11) – Humans and micro‑organisms.
- clear, concise notes explaining science concepts
- detailed explanation of concepts, with worked examples
- numerous questions
- an index of important science terms used in the text
- comprehensive answers that provide students with guided help in reaching the required degree of competence.
This Study Guide is ideal for use in the classroom or for homework, home study and revision.