Level 1 English Learning Workbook
Due Term 1, 2020.
Level 1 English Learning Workbook covers all eleven NCEA Level 1 English Achievement Standards:
- the three externally assessed Standards 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3
- the eight internally assessed Standards 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 1.10 and 1.11.
From these teachers can create a variety of interesting and potentially integrated programmes. These Achievement Standards are aligned with The New Zealand Curriculum.
The book is best used in the classroom during the year. It can also be used for homework or for home study and revision.
Each chapter is divided into sections designed to support the teaching of English. The sections consist of:
- theory – with brief, clear descriptions and explanations
- examples – to illustrate the theory
- tasks – both to apply theory and to record results and progress.
This workbook is also written in such a way as to offer pathways to gain ‘Merit’ and ‘Excellence’ grades.
Answers in the back of the book provide students with guided help, especially where answers have a subjective component.