Level 2 Calculus 2.7 Learning Workbook (new edition)
Level 2 Calculus Learning Workbook covers NCEA Level 2 Achievement Standard 91262 (Mathematics and Statistics 2.7): Apply calculus methods in solving problems.
This standard is externally assessed and worth 5 credits.
The workbook features:
- bite-sized sections of notes with student-friendly explanations
- worked examples to illustrate fundamental concepts
- plenty of exercises so students can improve their skills and practise problem solving
- answers to all exercises, which are provided at the end of the book
- a practice assessment task.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook covers techniques and applications of differentiation and anti-differentiation and their use in solving problems. Topics include: gradient functions; equations of tangents to curves; turning points; rates of change, such as kinematics; optimisation and finding equations of curves when their gradient functions are known.
The concise notes and write-on exercises keep student work together in a compact format, providing a useful end-of-topic revision tool.
This workbook is ideal for use in the classroom or for homework, home study and exam revision.