Level 2 Experiments 2.10 Learning Workbook
Level 2 Experiments Learning Workbook covers NCEA Level 2 Achievement Standard 91265 (Mathematics and Statistics 2.10): Conduct an experiment to investigate a situation using statistical methods.
This standard is internally assessed and worth 3 credits.
The workbook features:
- bite-sized sections of notes with student-friendly explanations
- worked examples to illustrate fundamental concepts
- plenty of exercises so students can develop their skills
- answers to all exercises, which are provided at the end of the book
- a practice assessment task with fully worked solution.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook covers the stages of designing, conducting and analysing an experiment in order to answer a statistical question involving causality. Important aspects of experimental design are discussed, including the management of extra sources of variability. A report is produced, structured using the statistical enquiry cycle, in order to describe the experiment, discuss displays and measures, and communicate findings.
The concise notes and write-on exercises keep student work together in a compact format, providing a useful end-of-topic revision tool.
This workbook is ideal for use in the classroom or for homework, home study and revision.