Level 2 Inference 2.9 Learning Workbook (new edition)
Level 2 Inference Learning Workbook covers NCEA Level 2 Achievement Standard 91264 (Mathematics and Statistics 2.9): Use statistical methods to make an inference.
This standard is internally assessed and worth 4 credits.
The workbook features:
- bite-sized sections of notes with student-friendly explanations
- worked examples to illustrate fundamental concepts
- plenty of exercises so students can develop their skills
- answers to all exercises, which are provided at the end of the book
- a practice assessment task with fully worked solution.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook covers the stages involved in carrying out a statistical investigation in order to make an inference about a population. This includes posing a suitable comparative question, selecting random samples, using appropriate displays and measures, discussing sample distributions, creating informal confidence intervals and using them to make an inference. A report is produced, structured using the statistical enquiry cycle, in order to describe the investigation and communicate findings and conclusions.
The concise notes and write-on exercises keep student work together in a compact format, providing a useful end-of-topic revision tool.
This workbook is ideal for use in the classroom or for homework, home study and revision.