Level 2 Simulations 2.13 Learning Workbook
Level 2 Simulations Learning Workbook covers NCEA Level 2 Achievement Standard 91268 (Mathematics and Statistics 2.13): Investigate a situation involving elements of chance using a simulation.
This standard is internally assessed and worth 2 credits.
The workbook features:
- bite-sized sections of notes with student-friendly explanations
- worked examples to illustrate fundamental concepts
- plenty of exercises so students can develop their skills
- answers to all exercises, which are provided at the end of the book
- a practice assessment task.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook covers the stages of designing, conducting and analysing a simulation in order to investigate a probability situation. This includes selecting and describing an appropriate simulation tool; defining the number and nature of trials; determining appropriate data recording methods; carrying out the simulation; and selecting and using appropriate displays and measures so that results can be communicated clearly in a conclusion.
The concise notes and write-on exercises keep student work together in a compact format, providing a useful end-of-topic revision tool.
This workbook is ideal for use in the classroom or for homework, home study and revision.