Level 3 Algebra 3.5 Learning Workbook
Level 3 Algebra Learning Workbook covers NCEA Level 3 Achievement Standard 91577 (Mathematics and Statistics 3.5): Apply the algebra of complex numbers in solving problems.
This standard is externally assessed and worth 5 credits.
The workbook features:
- concise theory notes with brief, clear explanations
- worked examples with key concepts and skills explained
- relevant sets of exercises for student practice
- answers to all exercises, provided in the back of the book
- a set of practice revision exercises.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook covers the rectangular and polar form of complex numbers, their display on Argand diagrams, and their applications to problems such as finding the set of solutions of a polynomial equation. De Moivre’s theorem is applied to expressions and equations involving powers of complex numbers.
This write-on workbook may be used by teachers for classroom practice, or by students as a homework book or revision guide. The write-on format keeps notes and exercises together in a compact form, providing a useful end-of-topic and exam revision tool.