Level 3 Calculus Externals Learning Workbook (new edition)
Due early August, 2021.
Level 3 Calculus Externals Learning Workbook covers the three NCEA Level 3 Mathematics Achievement Standards:
- AS 91577 (Mathematics 3.5): Apply the algebra of complex numbers in solving problems
- AS 91578 (Mathematics 3.6): Apply differentiation methods in solving problems
- AS 91579 (Mathematics 3.7): Apply integration methods in solving problems
These standards are externally assessed and worth a total of 17 credits.
The workbook features:
- concise theory notes with brief, clear explanations
- worked examples with key concepts and skills explained
- relevant sets of exercises for student practice
- answers to all exercises, provided in the back of the book
- revision and practice assessment tasks.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook provides a variety of problems for the student, which are set in both mathematical and real-life contexts. Basic questions require fundamental concepts and methods to be applied in order to practise skills or solve straightforward algebra or calculus problems. More challenging problem solving requires relational or extended abstract thinking, so that relevant concepts and methods are identified and combined in a logical sequence of steps leading to the solution. These problems may involve developing proofs, or forming generalisations.
The write-on format of this workbook keeps notes and exercises together in a compact form, providing a useful exam revision tool.
This workbook is ideal for use in the classroom, or for homework, home study and revision.