Level 3 Experiments 3.11 Learning Workbook (new edition)
Due early August, 2021.
Level 3 Experiments Learning Workbook covers the NCEA Level 3 Achievement Standard 91583 (Statistics 3.11): Conduct an experiment to investigate a situation using experimental design principles. This standard is internally assessed and worth 4 credits.
The workbook features:
- concise theory notes with brief, clear explanations
- worked examples with key concepts and skills explained
- relevant sets of exercises for student practice
- answers to all exercises, provided in the back of the book.
- sample assessment task with fully worked solution
- practice assessment task.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook covers the design, implementation and analysis of an experiment, according to the statistical enquiry cycle. Re-randomisation techniques are used to investigate the role of chance in the experimental results, and an appropriate formal statistical inference is made. Statistical and contextual knowledge are combined to communicate findings in a conclusion.
This write-on workbook may be used by teachers for classroom practice, or by students as a homework book or revision guide.
The write-on format keeps notes and exercises together in a compact form, providing a useful revision tool for end-of-topic assessments.