Level 3 Linear Programming 3.2 Learning Workbook
Level 3 Linear Programming Learning Workbook covers NCEA Level 3 Achievement Standard 91574 (Mathematics and Statistics 3.2): Apply linear programming methods in solving problems. This standard is internally assessed and worth 3 credits.
The workbook features:
- concise theory notes with brief, clear explanations
- worked examples with key concepts and skills explained
- relevant sets of exercises for student practice
- answers to all exercises (provided in the back of the book)
- practice assessment task with fully worked solution.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook covers the use of linear programming methods in solving optimisation problems with linear constraints. Basic problems involve forming inequations and graphing regions, identifying an optimal solution and interpreting this solution in context. More complex problems may require rounding of solutions, interpretation of multiple solutions or the adjusting of constraints to respond to changes in the practical situation.
The concise notes and write-on exercises keep student work together in a compact format, providing a useful revision tool when preparing for assessment.
This write-on workbook is ideal for use in the classroom, or for homework, home study and revision.