Level 3 Probability 3.13 Learning Workbook (new edition)
Level 3 Probability Learning Workbook covers NCEA Level 3 Achievement Standard 91585 (Statistics 3.13): Apply probability concepts in solving problems. This standard is externally assessed and worth 4 credits.
The workbook features:
- concise theory notes with brief, clear explanations
- worked examples with key concepts and skills explained
- plenty of exercises so students can improve their skills and practise problem solving
- answers to all exercises (provided in the back of the book)
- a practice assessment task with fully worked solution.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook covers concepts of probability and its application to situations involving elements of chance. This includes probabilities of combinations of events, and definitions of independent and mutually exclusive events. A range of probability methods, including conditional probabilities, is practised in conjunction with probability distribution tables and graphs, formulae, two-way tables, Venn diagrams and probability trees.
This write-on workbook may be used by teachers for classroom practice, or by students as a homework book or revision guide. The write-on format keeps notes and exercises together in a compact form, providing a useful end-of-topic revision tool.