Level 3 Probability Distributions 3.14 Learning Workbook (new edition)
Level 3 Probability Distributions Learning Workbook covers NCEA Level 3 Achievement Standard 91586 (Mathematics and Statistics 3.14): Apply probability distributions in solving problems. This standard is externally assessed and worth 4 credits.
The workbook features:
- concise theory notes with brief, clear explanations
- worked examples with key concepts and skills explained
- relevant sets of exercises for student practice
- answers to all exercises (provided in the back of the book)
- practice assessment tasks with fully worked solutions.
This workbook covers the selection and use of a range of discrete and continuous probability distributions in order to solve probability problems. Straightforward problems may involve the selection of a distribution and the calculation of probabilities. More complex problem solving may involve multiple skills, including those involving combinations of random variables or probability distributions, and the solving of inverse problems.
This write-on workbook may be used by teachers for classroom practice, or by students as a homework book or revision guide. The write-on format keeps notes and exercises together in a compact form, providing a useful end-of-topic or exam revision tool.