Level 3 Reports 3.12 Learning Workbook (new edition)
Level 3 Reports Learning Workbook covers NCEA Level 3 Achievement Standard 91584: Evaluate statistically based reports (Mathematics and Statistics 3.12). This standard is externally assessed and worth 4 credits.
The workbook features:
- concise theory notes with brief, clear explanations
- worked examples with key concepts and skills explained
- relevant sets of exercises for student practice
- answers to all exercises (provided in the back of the book)
- practice assessment tasks with fully worked solutions.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook covers the evaluation and analysis of statistical reports and displays according to the statistical enquiry cycle. This includes identification of potential sources of bias, interpretation of statistical inferences, understanding of the principles of experimental design, the use of margins of error in describing sampling variability and the evaluation of causal-relationship claims.
The concise notes and write-on exercises keep student work together in a compact format, providing a useful revision tool for exams.
This write-on workbook is ideal for use in the classroom, or for homework, home study and revision.