Level 3 Simultaneous Equations 3.15 Learning Workbook (new edition)
Due late May, 2021.
Level 3 Simultaneous Equations Learning Workbook covers NCEA Level 3 Achievement Standard 91587 (Mathematics and Statistics 3.15): Apply systems of simultaneous equations in solving problems.
This standard is internally assessed and worth 3 credits.
The workbook features:
- concise theory notes with brief, clear explanations
- worked examples with key concepts and skills explained
- plenty of exercises so students can improve their skills and practise problem solving
- answers to all exercises (provided in the back of the book)
- practice assessment task with fully worked solution.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook covers the forming and solving of simultaneous equations in two and three variables in a variety of theoretical and practical contexts. Appropriate methods are selected and used in order to form equations and solve problems, with solutions interpreted in context. Lines and planes are used to represent sets of equations, and the relationships between these geometrical representations are communicated and interpreted.
The concise notes and write-on exercises keep student work together in a compact format, providing a useful end-of-topic revision tool.