Level 5 Treaty of Waitangi - Te Tiriti o Waitangi Learning Workbook
This workbook features nine independent units of work:
- Cultural beliefs and values
- The Declaration of Independence
- The Treaty of Waitangi – Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Impact on people
- Changing perspectives and future impact on the people
- Challenging perspectives – Future focus
Answers are available at www.esa.co.nz/resources
The workbook also features:
- key social studies concepts
- social studies knowledge, skills and competencies
- key social studies vocabulary
- whakataukï (proverbs).
This workbook uses a variety of activities that suit the different learning styles – visual learners, auditory learners, tactile/kinaesthetic learners and reader/writer learners.
This workbook includes bicultural activities, extension activities for gifted and talented students, a scaffolded essay activity, ICT / BYOD activities, a flipped class activity, an NCEA L1 History formative assessment activity and an ‘inquiry-based learning’ assignment.
The write-on format keeps student notes and work together in a compact form, providing a useful revision tool for tests and other assessments.