Level 2 Sequences and Series 2.3 Learning Workbook
Level 2 Sequences and Series Learning Workbook covers NCEA Level 2 Achievement Standard 91258 (Mathematics and Statistics 2.3): Apply sequences and series in solving problems. This standard is internally assessed and worth 2 credits.
The workbook features:
- bite-sized sections of theory with student-friendly explanations
- numerous worked examples to illustrate fundamental concepts
- plenty of exercises so students can improve their skills and practise problem solving
- answers to all exercises, which are provided at the end of the book
- a practice assessment task with fully worked solution.
An index gives easy access to important terms and definitions highlighted in the text.
This workbook covers arithmetic and geometric sequences and series, and the use of formulae for the general term and the summation of terms. Basic problems require these formulae to be applied in straightforward contexts and applications. More challenging problems require a combination of skills: devising strategies for solving problems and carrying out a logical sequence of steps of working so that understanding is demonstrated and the solution is clearly communicated.
The concise theory notes and write-on exercises keep student work together in a compact format, providing a useful end-of-topic revision tool.
This workbook is ideal for use in the classroom or for homework, home study and revision.